REVERE MEMORY CARE. LIFE IN THE PRESENT.
Revere℠ Memory Care is a holistic engagement of the body, mind and spirit for those living with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
Cadence’s Revere Memory Care is a new approach that infuses memory care neighborhoods with a vibrant rhythm of life that’s often missing from other cognitive care settings. At Cadence, residents make meaningful connections through music, dance, art, food, movement and sensory stimulation. Our highly engaged team uses relationship-based care that is always centered on your loved one’s individuality, honoring where they are at and addressing their needs at every level.
REVERE MEMORY CARE AMENITIES AND SERVICES.
- A personalized care plan, tailored to meet the unique needs of each resident.
- Beautifully designed spaces that are also organized to ease independent navigation for people with dementia.
- Spacious common areas and inviting spaces for family and friends.
- Secure outdoor garden space for relaxation or gardening activities.
- Daily arts, exercise and brain engagement opportunities.
- Three chef-prepared meals daily.
- Housekeeping and laundry services.
- On-site salon.
- Medication coordination services and administration.
- Assistance with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Campus-wide security and 24-hour emergency call response systems.
- Medical coordination services.
- On-site, innovative memory care services.
- Appropriate placement of residents into peer groups that accurately reflect their needs, abilities and level of care.
REVERE MEMORY CARE PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS.
Music and Memory. Studies show that the right music can reawaken memories, stimulating activity and engagement. The benefits can be huge, yet this method is very simple—find the right musical connection to awaken the mind.
Dancing with Dementia. Encouragingly, studies also show that rhythmic dancing can slow the progress of dementia. It can help to revive energy, prevent falls, increase activity and foster general feelings of well-being.
Animal-Assisted Activities. Research shows that therapy dogs and other pet visits can increase social engagement and movement, elevating the mood long after the visit is over.
Sensory Stimulation. Often, those in cognitive decline have lived in low-stimulation environments. Revere Memory Care methods reintroduce fresh, natural experiences such as the scent from flowers and the physical diversity of fabric textures to gently stimulate the senses. Enlivening the senses increases engagement in the rest of life, while helping decrease reliance on anti-anxiety and sleep medications.
Intergenerational Programming. Bringing children and seniors together increases engagement and has positive effects for both.
Mind Engagement. We engage the mind through reminiscing exercises, simple guided meditations, rhythmic breathing, games, arts and crafts, and individual self-expression.
A FLEXIBLE APPROACH.
While living in the present is important to all of us, team members at Cadence Revere Memory Care are specially trained on how to be present, flexible and creatively resourceful in how they interact with Revere residents and respond to their requests. We encourage residents to participate in activities away from their rooms and to engage with each other in a community setting.
Residents with similar abilities are grouped for activities that are the most appropriate for their functional level and care needs. This ensures a higher quality of experience for everyone in the community.
CARE FOR COUPLES.
When one spouse is experiencing Alzheimer’s or dementia, the other can continue to live under the same roof in close proximity to maintain this important relationship. Spouses have the freedom to visit and stay connected whenever they wish, dine together and continue their healthy, meaningful bond.
Assisted living or memory care at Cadence can open up new possibilities for engaging, all within a supportive, caring environment. Find the North Carolina community nearest you or fill out the form below to learn more!